Transparent film covering surfaces in public places like elevator buttons has grown common in various countries throughout the COVID-19 crisis. Containing ionized copper, these films assert to become antimicrobial and effective at deflecting fomite transmission of SARS CoV-2 virus. Here is How COPPERplus Film Works On Elevator.
Antimicrobial COPPERplus Film on Elevator
Copper Films is an effective antibacterial protective film covering the particular surfaces in an elevator that passengers frequently touch, like the push-button panel and the elevator walls. This discrete solution has effective disinfectant properties that prevent harmful bacteria from collecting, thereby spreading among passengers.
Several technologies like touchless elevator buttons will make you feel worried and not being compatible with your elevator, think about installing COPPERplus Film to get in touch with surfaces. These films eliminate 99% of germs and bacteria upon contact, which means the surface is safe to touch.
How does COPPERplus Film works?
Antimicrobial COPPERplus Film is designed to prevent viruses from reproducing. The film possesses Copper Biocidal properties and alcohol disinfectants’ efficacy, killing pathogen organisms within a touch.
- Germs, bacteria, and viruses interact (through human touching) with a surface where COPPERplus Film has been installed.
- Due to the oxidative properties of the Copper found inside the film, the DNA structure and supporting cells of pathogen organisms are broken.
- Viruses, bacteria, germs, or other pathogen organisms end up dying instantly without being transferred to the next person to touch the surface.
The COPPERplus Film is a unique, easy-to-use, rust-free, and nonconductive innovation of 3 integrated film layers harvesting Copper’s biocidal properties of Copper.
Copper acts as an inhibitor to the virus replication. Microbes recognize the copper ion on the surface as an essential nutrient, absorbing it into their cells.
The absorbed copper ion triggers the cells to lose significant nutrients and water. The ions, in that case, pull active oxygen ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species) through the cell membrane’s penetrated hole. This interference with the microbes’ respiratory and metabolic activity brings about the destruction of the cell.
How to Install COPPERplus Film on Elevator
Antimicrobial COPPERplus Film will never fade. It is removable. Apply the film to any area in the elevator car, including stainless steel, plastic, and glass. It will stay applied to a surface that is clean and oil-free.
- Wipe down all surfaces were to use the antimicrobial film with a mild cleaner or soap and cloth.
- Wipe down the surfaces with a clean, dry cloth.
- Once surfaces are dry, wipe all surfaces with an alcohol wipe to remove any remaining grease or oil. Wipe down all buttons at the same time.
- Allow buttons to dry. Do not touch the button surface once it has been treated with alcohol.
- Remove the film off the pad and with adhesive side down, center it over the surface. Do not touch the adhesive side of the film.
- Once centered, gently press down to attach the film to the surface. Gently rub over the entire film area to adhere all edges to the surface.
- Repeat steps for all surfaces. For maximum longevity, clean the Antimicrobial COPPERplus Film surfaces with a mild cleaner or soap after installation.
Microbes can proliferate on materials such as plastic, painted surfaces, glass, and stainless steel. The microbes’ body structure and genome are destroyed on the copper surface area within a few minutes. As a result, many health authorities in the US and Korea have approved the registration of copper as an antimicrobial material leading to health-risk solutions. Learn How COPPERplus Film Works On Elevator.